AboutCaroline Brooks-Johnson qualified as a Solicitor in 1994 and since then has worked in Kent working initially in what is known in the trade as “private client” work (and to everyone else as Wills, probate and trusts) and both residential and commercial property. She was a partner in a local law firm for 10 years specialising in private client work before deciding to set up Inheritance Law.
Caroline qualified as a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) in 2008. She is treasurer of the Kent branch of STEP. Caroline is also a member of the Law Society’s Private Client Section.
Caroline is happy to act for clients of all ages but is a particular champion of the elderly. She says “I am constantly infuriated by the way the elderly are treated in this country. All too often their voices go unheard with no regard to what they have contributed in the past or still have to contribute. Seeing a lawyer can be daunting for anyone but especially for the elderly. I am committed to putting my clients at ease and making the experience as stress free as possible. I genuinely enjoy spending time with my elderly clients.”
Outside work Caroline is busy ticking things off her bucket list. In the last few years she has, amongst other things, run round Central Park in New York, seen the Iguazu Falls in Brazil, competed in a triathlon and several half marathons, flown solo in a glider and joined the parkrun 100 and 25 clubs. She also finds time to sing in a local community choir. Her secret vices are wearing odd socks and her daily fix of The Archers on the radio.
Our ethos at Inheritance Law
To treat all of our clients of whatever age as we would ourselves wish to be treated.
This means we will:
- Treat you with respect and put your needs first
- Never act for you or sell you a service if you do not need it
- Always tell you up front how much our services will cost and if possible agree a fee
- Take the time to explain everything to you in plain English and without legal jargon
- Never let you sign anything you don’t understand
- Come and see you at home or in hospital at no extra charge if you’d prefer or if you can’t get to us
- Arrange out of hours appointments where necessary
- Come and see you at very short notice if you need us in an emergency